Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer Small To Medium Rooms 15 Gallon Tank Warm Mist Humidifier For Baby And Kids Rooms
- WARM MIST HUMIDIFIER Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer and Humidifier is an essential part of a good nights sleep when family members are sick, during allergy season or when the air is dry. Works with Vicks VapoPads and VapoSteam for extra soothing comfort
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF Vaporizers for bedroom and home can be helpful when its difficult to sleep with cough and congestion. It can provide temporary relief by adding necessary moisture to the air, and VapoSteam offers extra comfort
- NIGHT LIGHT This kids and baby humidifier with night light makes bedtime even more comfortable with the added night light. Its quick and easy to use, too, with a wide tank opening for easy cleaning and filling
- HUMIDIFIERS FOR BEDROOM AND MORE A warm steam vaporizer is great for young children and adults, and fits perfectly into any room. Use when the air is dry, in allergy season, when sick or even just to maintain optimal indoor humidity levels
- A CENTURY OF POWERFUL RELIEF At Vicks, we believe that everyone deserves a touch of care. Our line of humidifiers, steam inhalers and vaporizers help you breathe better and sleep more comfortably, wherever you are
Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Guys with bigger rooms in their homes are best suited for the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. This is almost the best room humidifier for allergies. It has several essential features that you will find to be very helpful. For starters, it offers a higher output. It also features a higher tank capacity of 6L . This tank capacity provides a higher mist output of up to 270 ml/hr.
The humidifier lasts over 50 straight hours before you can think of re-filling. It uses the ultrasonic technology, which produces a silent frequency for guys who have trouble sleeping and for the kids. Unlike the other models that you cannot add essential oils to, this one comes with a simple to use tray where you can place your essential oils for a better diffusion. The humidifier has fun that circulates oils into your mist. The fans functionality is to give you clean, pure, scented, and fresh aroma.
It has a blue LED nightlight and uses 360-degree rotating nozzles for maximum efficiency. The system also supports fully adjustable mist/steam output knob so you can easily control humidity levels in your room. Apart from these, it also enjoys an auto shut off system that automatically turns off the humidifier when the water runs out.
Warm Mist Humidifier Considerations
Warm mist humidifiers are not as well-suited for large areas as cool mist models. Instead, these humidifiers work best in smaller areas like bedrooms and offices.
Warm Mist Options For Large Spaces
If you want to cover larger areas with a warm mist humidifier, you may want to consider whole-house humidification solutions like the . It uses your home’s HVAC system to deliver warm humidified air to every room.
In addition, warm mist humidifiers are slightly more expensive to operate and a little more difficult to clean since mineral deposits are often left behind during the boiling process.
However, many people have found these humidifiers to be more comfortable for use during cold winter months.
You May Like: Regular Claritin
Improving Standards Of Living:
Humidifiers are wonderful machines that not only provide a great service from a health perspective, but also from a home maintenance point of view. Very dry air can cause a lot of problems for people as well as the spaces they live and work in. One common health issue that dry air can either cause or exacerbate has to do with the sinuses. Whether caused by a cold, the flu, or allergies, sinus issues can be made worse by dry air because it leads to more inflammation that causes coughing, sneezing, itching, and burning. Moist air reduces these symptoms and helps us heal a lot faster. Asthma and problems with snoring can also be improved through the use of a humidifier. Humidifiers are often popular for allergy sufferers throughout different allergy seasons because of how much they help with symptoms.
Dry air can also cause skin issues as a decent level of humidity is required in order to maintain healthy skin. Extremely low humidity levels cause skin to dry out, thus becoming flaky and even red and irritated. Did you know that drying out your skin can also lead to acne breakouts? When your skin gets too dry and loses moisture and oils essential in a healthy balance, it will often overproduce oils in an attempt to compensate for what is being lost. This leads to pores becoming clogged and trapping in bacteria, thus triggering acne. Skin also ages faster when its been exposed to prolonged dryness, as moisture helps it maintain glow and elasticity.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Humidifier For Asthmatics Allergies
When selecting a good humidifier for any lung-related problems, there are some essential factors you may need to check out for:
Type of humidifier talks about choosing between warm and cool mist humidifier when shopping for the best humidifier for asthma and allergies. Both can keep the air moist, however regardless of which you want to go for, ensure your humidifier has a humidistat for easy control
Humidistat is an essential aspect of your unit. This is because it controls the level of humidity in your home.
- Size or capacity:
The size of your unit is also essential as well, but the efficiency of your humidity should not be compromised. There are portable sized humidifiers/ tabletop humidifiers that are good for your small space. They can be carried about when traveling by asthmatic patients.
A good humidifier allows for easy assembling and disassembling for cleaning and maintenance. A humidifier with ultraviolet light prevents the growth and spread of fungi and mold
Also Read:Best humidifier for sleep apnea
Is A Cool Mist Or Warm Mist Humidifier Better For Congestion
Answer itHotwarmmist humidifierHumidifiersmoistureaircongestionWarmmistcoolmist humidifiersair
Thereof, what type of humidifier is best for baby congestion?
Here are the reviews of our 10 favorite humidifiers for babies in 2018:
- Vicks FilterFree Humidifier.
- Anypro Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier.
- Vicks UV Germ Free Humidifier.
- URPOWER Large Capacity Ultrasonic Humidifier.
- Greevoo Cool Mist Humidifier.
Is a dehumidifier good for congestion?
Is a humidifier good for a cold?
Humidifier Types & How They Keep Your Allergies Away
Another important factor to consider when answering the question how do humidifiers help with allergies? is the humidifier type. There are several different types of humidifiers to choose from, including warm mist, cool mist, evaporative, ultrasonic, and whole house.
While each of these humidifier types can help with allergies, they all work in different ways to do that.
Warm Vs Cool Mist Humidifiers
Cool and warm mist humidifiers both pump moisture into the air, but this moisture is released at different temperatures. Because both increase humidity levels, you cant go wrong with either.
However, steer away from warm mist or steam humidifiers if you have kids or pets in the home these could be potentially dangerous.
Evaporative Vs Ultrasonic Humidifier
Evaporative and ultrasonic humidifiers use different methods for releasing humidity. Evaporative models turn water into vapor either by using a fan and wick system or turning the water molecules into steam.
Ultrasonic machines use high-frequency vibrations to release water droplets into the air. Both types have pros and cons, but since they both increase humidity, each type can be used for allergy relief.
Whole House Humidifier
If your entire home suffers from low humidity levels, a whole house humidifier could be the answer. Rather than pumping moisture into a single room, these models are powerful enough to handle large square footage. That means you can alleviate your allergies in every room of your home.
Read Also: Medicine Zyrtec
Best Warm And Cool Mist: Pureguardian H4810ar Humidifier
If you really dont want to deal with filling your humidifier every day, consider this option, which is powerful enough for large rooms and boasts the ability to spit out both warm and cool mists, plus a tray for diffusing essential oils. On its lowest setting, it spits out a continuous mist for up to 120 hoursthats five entire days! Reviewers love that it has a mold-resistant tank and a relatively quiet design, too. Its as good as youre going to get, one reviewer summarizes.
Is Cool Mist Or Warm
The bottom line: The benefits of using a humidifier or vaporizer outweigh the risks if you use them correctly, says Luong. Cool mist humidifiers may be better if you have small children because of the risk from accidental steam burns. Both will help wash away allergens, irritants, viruses, and bacteria.
Recommended Reading: Phenylephrine Hcl Allergy
How To Maintain Your Humidifier
When you do not clean your humidifier, they cause further health issues especially when you already have an allergic or asthmatic condition you are trying to combat. Hence, we have outlined some tips to assist you to take proper care of your humidifier:
Why Do Babies Need A Humidifier
One of the most important benefits of having a humidifier in the nursery is the protection it provides against dry air. Since a humidifier adds moisture into dry air, it also helps relieve your baby of irritated, dry skin. Babys skin is sensitive to dry climates and can result in red patches and tender, chapped lips.
Recommended Reading: Zyrtec Vs Equate
Warm Mist Humidifier Cleaning And Maintenance
Warm mist humidifiers require regular maintenance, just like other humidifiers. Make sure to change the water once daily or as recommended by the manufacturer. Also, remember to rinse the tank before refilling the humidifier unit. Above all, make sure to deep-clean your humidifier once weekly with vinegar/bleaching agent solution and rinse thoroughly with fresh water.
What To Do If You Have Allergic Symptoms
Do not take allergic attacks lightly. The first thing that you need to know is the symptoms of allergies. They can be either mild or severe.
Mild allergic symptoms include wheezing, running nose, sneezing, coughing, itchy throat, cracked/dry skin and rashes. These are not too serious, but they will cause you a lot of discomfort. Do humidifiers help with allergies symptoms such as the ones mentioned here? Most definitely, they do.
Severe allergic reactions include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, breathlessness, headaches, dropping blood pressure and unconsciousness. As you can see, these are quite life threatening situations.
DO NOT SELF-MEDICATE. Visit an allergy expert and let them run diagnostic tests on you. If you do not get treatment for your allergy, it could lead to a chronic illness such as asthma in future.
Don’t Miss: Which Works Faster Claritin Or Zyrtec
Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier Small To Medium Rooms
The humidifier you can take anywhere. The all-new design is smaller, lighter and more powerful than ever before. The Vicks warm mist humidifier is one of the best humidifiers for allergies and sinus and other breathing issues as it can steam inhalers, vaporizers to help you breath better and make life better.
It features an easy to use dial button for simple, accurate operation. A humidifier is a wonderful addition to any nursery. It keeps your childs airways moist, so it is easier for them to breathe and prevents colds and the flu. Plus, most humidifiers ionize the water, which means they remove all those tiny pollutants that are in normal city tap water. It is easy to use and will not cause any harm if used as directed. Just add water and switch it on. Humidifiers are one of the safest and most reliable ways to keep your family healthy and happy.
- WARM MIST HUMIDIFIER Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier helps to ensure proper humidity levels in…
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF Vaporizers for bedroom and home can be helpful during cold…
The Vicks warm mist humidifier is a filter-less humidifier equipped with one gallon water tank that can work up to 24 hours without you getting up from the bed to refill the tank midnight.
Vicks humidifier adds moisture to the air while a vaporizer actually vaporizes substances into an inhalable mist, perfect for folks with sinus issues. You can use either Vick VapoSteam or medicated vapor and enjoy uninterrupted mist for 24 hours.
Best Humidifier For Allergies And Sinus: Buyers Guide
Here are some tips to hunt for the best humidifier for allergies and sinus and other allergies.
Cool or Warm Mist Humidifiers
Most humidifiers sold are cool mist which further consists of two types: evaporators and ultrasonic. Evaporators use a fan to blow air via a wick while the ultrasonic humidifiers use a nebulizer to create cool mist. On the other hand warm mist humidifiers use a heater to create warm mist. Some of the humidifiers have both cool and warm mist settings so you can switch between the requires settings.
Ease of use
If you like to stay at home to watch movies, play video games, and read books, youll appreciate an appliance that is quiet and easy to use. Humidifiers are no exception they should be convenient and quiet. How easy they are to clean is also important. Make sure that you can easily clean the filters, which may be removable or non-removable. Some humidifiers can be cleaned in the dishwasher. Others need a lot of scrubbing and a lot of elbow grease.
A humidifier with built in humidistat makes sure to turn off the humidifier when it reaches the required level of humidity. Most humidifiers now come with one built in. Hygrometers cost around $10, so if you have one of those already, youre set. If you dont, we recommend buying a cheap model to monitor your humidity and a humidifier with a humidistat that shuts off when it reaches a set humidity level. That way you know its running and working.
Price / Budget
Read Also: Clariton Medicine
How Does A Humidifier Help With Asthma
Asthma symptoms can be alleviated by better quality air which is why humidifiers can make a remarkable difference in the management of this chronic disease. Asthma can cause nasal passages to become dry and a humidifier can moisten these airways, allowing for stronger breathing.
Symptoms of asthma can be maintained by the use of humidifiers and may even limit the number of asthma attacks an individual experiences. The devices can ease dry throat and mouth discomfort through humidity, as well as lessen the stress of an individual who suffers from asthmatic symptoms, lessening worries of a flare up.
Maintaining a comfortable nasal cavity can keep stress at bay and minimize symptoms, as your mind isnt constantly triggering your muscles to contract in response to stress.
Warm Mist Humidifier Pros And Cons
Warm mist humidifiers eliminate some of the challenges associated with cool models. But they, too, come with a few downsides.
Warm-mist humidifier pros
- : This is especially true in the colder months. While a warm mist humidifier alone cannot provide the heat needed to keep everyone in the home warm, they complement your space heater.
- Eliminate the risk of mold and bacteria: As weve seen, warm mist humidifiers involve heating water to boiling point. Mold and bacteria spores cannot survive at such high temperatures. As a result, you dont need to worry about antibacterial chemicals and treatments.
- Produce more mist/hour: If you were to compare two identical humidifiers one a cool-mist model and the other a war-mist option youll notice that the warm mist humidifier produces more mist per/hour. This makes warm-mist humidifiers more suited to large-space heating compared to their cool-mist counterparts.
Warm-mist humidifier cons
- Risk of scalding: The biggest drawback of warm-mist humidifiers is the risk of scalding. Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius. Imagine if the unit were to tip over accidentally! The risk to too much. Additionally, the moisture, especially as you get closer to the nozzle, can be a little too hot.
- Higher power bills: Unfortunately, the boiling process also means you need to budget for higher energy bills. The exact increase in your energy bills will depend on the humidifiers power rating and how often you use it.
Read Also: Can You Develop Allergies In Your 20s
Does Installing Humidifier Help Seasonal Allergies
Studies showed that prolonged exposure to polluted surroundings and dry-air is one of the major causes of allergy and sinus problems, even for those who had not suffered from it ever before.
Since air with less moisture irritates the nasal passage it also makes the condition worse for patients who are already suffering from allergy problems.
Installing a humidifier not only helps in controlling dust allergy but also offers a great solution for sinus infection, throat infections, dry coughs, sneezing, stuffy nose, hay fever, and other environment-related allergies.
Does Dry Air Affect Your Allergy
Breathing in dry air is bad for everyone. Of course, you may ask why it is so bad for allergy sufferers in particular. We put together some of the ways dry air can harm those with allergies.
- It dries out your mucous membranes in your nose and throat. What do these mucous membranes do? They catch and filter out items entering your body when you breathe. Mucus membranes help prevent these items from entering the rest of the respiratory system. They catch viruses, bacteria, dust, pollen, mold, and other items that can trigger your allergies. They are not as effective as when fully moisturized. So what can happen if they are too dry to catch these items? Bacteria, dust, mold can enter the respiratory system and trigger your allergic response.
- Dry air irritates the sinuses. Right, where many allergy sufferers feel their symptoms the most. Since you mostly breathe through your nose, your sinuses get hit hard by dry air.
- It also can dry out the things that trigger your allergies, such as dust mites and pollen. That is not good news. If they are dried out, they become lighter and better able to travel in the air and into your lungs.
- Many allergies cause skin reactions. When the air is dry, it will dry out the skin, making it more susceptible to reactions.
You May Like: Clarifin