Why Cats Lick Their Privates
Most of the time cats are a source of amusement, but sometimes they can be a source of embarrassment. While pet owners may enjoy watching a cat play with a plastic mouse or chase the red beam from a laser light, they may not be amused at some of their other activities. One of the more embarrassing things that cats do is to lick their private parts. There is no sex discrimination associated with the act of licking and there is no polite way to discuss it. A male cat will lick his penis. A female cat will lick her vulva. And they will both lick their anal regions. This less than appealing behavior annoys pet owners everywhere.
How To Make: Gluten
What Food Changes May Be Needed For Allergic Esophagitis
You may need to stop eating certain foods for a while to see if your symptoms improve. Start eating these foods again one at a time as directed. If certain foods cause your symptoms, do not eat them. Some common examples are dairy, nuts, eggs, and seafood. You may need to change what you eat to relieve your symptoms. You may need to see a dietitian to help you get the right amount of nutrients.
You May Like: 24 Hr Zyrtec
Ingredient Label Reading Tips
Symptoms And Diagnosis Of Irritable Bladder
There are a number of irritable bladder symptoms however, the primary signs are centered on urine output. Living with bladder irritation symptoms is not only uncomfortable but can be socially awkward for people who find themselves having to rush to the washroom multiple times a day.
Heres a list of some of the common bladder irritation symptoms:
- Discomfort in abdomen
- Sudden, urgent need to urinate
- Accidental voiding
- Burning urination
Diagnosing an irritable bladder begins with a full patient history and a physical examination. Some doctors suggest that the patient keep a diary to record the time, amount, as well as the circumstances around voiding of the bladder. Catheterization of the bladder to measure urine remaining in the bladder, as well as testing bladder pressure following voiding is also possible.
An examination of a urine sample is common practice, as it can quickly determine whether or not an infection is an underlying issue.
There is something called a Q-tip test that evaluates the change in the angle of the urethra at rest and when straining that can assist doctors in diagnosing bladder problems. A cystoscopy, which is a lighted scope, can view the bladder, and a voiding cystogram is an x-ray that is taken while the patient is urinating.
Read Also: Allergies Lymph Nodes
What Causes Irritable Bladder
Irritable bladder can happen to anyone, but research shows that it is prominent in women. What can cause bladder irritation for one person who has the condition may not be what causes irritation for another person who is dealing with it. There are many different potential irritable bladder causes, as outlined below.
Food Allergy Is Increasing
Allergies in general are on the increase worldwide and food allergies have also become more common, particularly peanut allergy in preschool children. About 60 per cent of allergies appear during the first year of life. Cows milk allergy is one of the most common in early childhood. Most children grow out of it before they start school.
Don’t Miss: Fexofenadine Hcl Vs Cetirizine Hcl
Analysis Of Oab Risk Factors
Univariate analyses of the history of eczema, urticaria, allergic cough or allergic rhinitis, skin pruritus , constipation, and blood IgE levels were conducted between the OAB and control group, and the results revealed that these were significantly higher in the OAB than in control group .
Table 1. Univariate analysis of OAB risk factors.
Logistic Regression Analysis of OAB Risk Factors
The abovementioned significant factors were included in the binary logistic regression model, which revealed that the risk factors for OAB in children include eczema urticaria allergic cough or allergic rhinitis skin pruritus, including frequent eye rubbing action constipation and blood IgE .
Table 2. Binary logistic regression analysis of OAB risk factors.
What Foods Are Bad For Urinary Retention
- Acidic and spicy foods: A few people complain of bladder issues with acidic and spicy foods. Acidic foods include citrus fruits and their juices, pineapple, vinegar, tomatoes and tomato products. Spicy foods include hot peppers, curry, chili sauce and powder, etc. Cuisines like Mexican, Thai and Indian are usually spicy.
- Artificial sweeteners: Some people feel discomfort and pressure in the lower abdominal area when they consume artificial sweeteners, such as Saccharin, Aspartame, and Acesulfame K.
- Constipation: Constipation may cause urinary retention. Processed foods, such as white bread, sweets, hot dogs, french fries and fast food, may cause constipation. Skipping meals may also increase the risk of constipation and one should avoid missing meals when they have urinary retention.
- Caffeinated foods and drinks: As a diuretic, caffeine may aggravate symptoms associated with urinary retention, such as urgency. Caffeine is present in a variety of different foods and beverages, including chocolate, coffee and tea. An individual may need to limit caffeine intake to avoid urinary retention.
Recommended Reading: Robitussin For Congestion
Gluten Sensitivity Without Knowing
Celiac disease and wheat allergy are quite unusual. While the symptoms of celiac disease are quite clear, the ones for gluten sensitivity are more blurry. Therefore, they can affect many people who are not aware that they have this problem, since their symptoms are similar to the ones from other diseases.
What Is The Latest Research On Bladder Pain Syndrome Treatment
Researchers continue to search for new ways to treat bladder pain. Some current studies focus on:
- New medicines to treat bladder pain
- Meditation as a way to control bladder pain
- The role of genetics in bladder pain
- Acupuncture treatment
To learn more about current bladder pain treatment studies, visit ClinicalTrials.gov.
Recommended Reading: Zyrtec Allergic Rhinitis
A New Reality: Diagnosed With Food Allergy
Gain the confidence and skills needed to create an allergy-aware environment for you or your child.
It can be overwhelming to be told that you or your child have a food allergy. You might be wondering: Will I have a normal life? What can we eat? Can my child safely stay with a babysitter or go to a childcare centre or school? Could I use an auto-injector if I had to? Could I or my child die? How will I be able to cope with all of this?
You may feel like you are alone, but you are not. Many individuals newly diagnosed with food allergy, or parents of children with food allergy, have these same worries.
Below weve listed key steps to help you get started on your food allergy journey. You will find that as you learn more, managing allergies will become part of your daily life. You will begin to feel more in control and less anxious or worried about your or your childs allergy. Your child will also feel better as they learn about their food allergy and become involved in daily routines.
- Things change when you or your child are diagnosed with a food allergy.
- You need to be more careful when buying, preparing and serving food, and when eating away from home.
- If you are a parent, you need to teach others how to care for your child at home, childcare centres, schools, and family or social events.
- The initial stress or anxiety you feel often lessens as you learn more.
Watch Out For Bubbles And Fizz
Carbonated drinks of club soda, seltzer water, and other “sparkling” waters may irritate sensitive bladders. So if you have overactive bladder , also called urinary “urge incontinence,” limit how much you take in. If your taste runs to Champagne or other sparkling wines, keep in mind that both the fizz and the alcohol could trigger problems.
Don’t Miss: Allergic Drugs Name
How Diet May Play A Role In Dealing With Overactive Bladder
Overactive bladder occurs when bladder muscles contract and provide a frequent, sudden need to urinate even if you just did. Although its not a disease, it can certainly affect your quality of life to plan outings around bathrooms to avoid potential leaks.
There are a number of misconceptions around overactive bladder that keep people suffering in silence:
- Only women have problems with overactive bladder.
- There arent any treatments available except surgery.
- Its a natural part of aging.
In reality, 40% of women and 30% of men live with overactive bladder symptoms, according to Urology Care Foundation. It tends to be more common in older adults, but its not a natural progression of aging.
Ground White Meat Turkey
You may have noticed that turkey is a common ingredient in dog treats and dog food. Thoroughly cooked and drained ground white meat turkey, as long as it’s plain and has no additives or salt, is perfectly healthy for dogs. However, there are some parts of the turkey you should never feed to your pup. Obviously, never feed your dog turkey bones as they can splinter and cause serious problems for them. Also, the fat in turkey skin may cause pancreatitis, a condition in which the pancreas becomes inflamed and swollen, so you do not want to feed them the skin either. The seasoning added to pre-cooked store bought turkey and deli meat usually contains onion and garlic which can irritate your dog’s bowels and cause serious digestive issues, such as vomiting and diarrhea.
Read Also: Twix Peanuts
Why I Quit Dairy + Cant Ever Go Back
January 26, 2015 by predominantlypaleo
I come from a dairy loving family to say the least. We followed doctors orders and had a glass of milk on the dinner table every night growing up. To this day my dad still drinks at least a glass a night of skim milk because its the best choice. Its not even an argument I want to get into there pick your battles as they say!
In addition to our daily milk glass, I have always been a cheese loverand when I say cheese lover, I mean addict. In my mind every meal should have it in one form or another. And being a 4th generation Texan, Tex-Mex is the very source of cheesy inspiration I could have survived on for the rest of my life. Except I cant. In fact, dairy was playing its role in killing me.
I realize this is a rather bold statement and really sounds dramatic to be honest. But its true. Nobody could have loved the stuff more than I did, but as time went on I saw the writing on the wall the wall being my inflamed brain.
After a few years of really feeling helpless and often wanting to die, I finally started implementing additional dietary changes. You see, I had already been gluten free after my diagnosis with Hashimotos thyroid disease in 2008 and thought that my lifestyle was relatively healthy, at least compared to most people I knew. But I kept digging. I looked at veganism, grain free, dairy free, macrobiotic, paleo, primal, and so on.
Gluten And Health Disorders
Gluten sensitivity will appear in very different ways. Most of the cases involve several symptoms like indigestion, headaches, lack of concentration and even overweight. Gluten intolerance is not a pathology that physicians take into account when it comes to making regular diagnoses.
Many people experience gluten sensitivity on a daily basis without being aware.
You May Like: Switching From Zyrtec To Claritin
Tips To Avoid Foods That May Cause Allergies
To avoid foods to which you have an allergy, learn the terms used to describe these foods on food labels, for example:
- milk protein milk, non-fat milk solids, cheese, yoghurt, caseinates, whey, lactose
- lactose milk, lactose
- Nutrition Australia. Tel. 9650 5165
- ASCIA Guidelines for prevention of food anaphylactic reactions in schools, preschools and childcare centres, 2015 update, Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy. More information here.
- Osborne NJ, Koplin JJ, Martin PE, et al 2011, Prevalence of challenge-proven IgE-mediated food allergy using population-based sampling and predetermined challenge criteria in infants, J Allergy Clin Immunol, vol. 127, no. 3, pp. 668-676. More information here.
- About food allergies, The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network. More information here.
- Anaphylaxis, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Victorian Government. More information here.
- ASCIA Guidelines infant feeding and allergy prevention, 2016, Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy. More information here.
- Allergens, Food Allergy Research and Education. More information here.
What Can I Do If I Have Bladder Pain From Foods
Living with bladder irritation can be uncomfortable. But you can take steps to remove irritants from your diet and reduce pain. Avoid foods that irritate your bladder, and remember that water is important. Drinking enough water helps you feel more comfortable after you eat foods that irritate your bladder.
A note from Cleveland Clinic
Bladder discomfort can be frustrating and even embarrassing. Conditions like IC can make you feel like you need to pee even after youve already gone to the bathroom, and your bladder can hurt a lot. But you can get help to reduce irritation. Talk to your healthcare provider about your bladder irritation and possible food and drink causes.
Read Also: Claritin D Non Drowsy
Did You Make This Recipe
Tag on Instagram and hashtag it #thismessisours
Its a fact, feeding your pup a diet of 100% human grade dog food is easy, cost effective, and WAY better for them than a traditional doggie diet of processed kibble! My easy homemade dog food recipe combines lean ground beef, wholesome brown rice, fresh vegetables, hard boiled eggs, and tender herbs for a healthy, vibrant alternative to traditional dog food that has given our 11 year old dog a new lease on life!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for all of us, even our dogs! Get your dogs day off to a great start with a healthy dose of protein, vitamins, and minerals by feeding him/her a delicious Pumpkin and Yogurt Bowl for Dogs. These yogurt bowls are filled with good for your dog ingredients like fat free Greek yogurt, 100% pure pumpkin puree, plant based vitamin and mineral powder, and my Homemade Dog Food Seasoning which is a blend of 5 herbs that have extraordinary health benefits for your dog!
How Does Bladder Pain Syndrome Affect Pregnancy
Some women find that their bladder pain symptoms get better during pregnancy. Others find their symptoms get worse. During pregnancy, you need to urinate more often and are at higher risk for urinary tract infections and constipation. This can make symptoms worse for some women. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids, especially water.
If you are thinking about becoming pregnant, talk to your doctor about your bladder pain syndrome and any medicines you might be taking. Some medicines and treatments are not safe to use during pregnancy.
Don’t Miss: Claritin Non Drowsy Walgreens
Do Spicy Foods Irritate A Bladder Infection
Whether you top your nachos with jalapeños, sprinkle your pizza with red pepper flakes, or love your curry chicken extra hot, you’ve got to skip the spice when you have a UTI. Spicy foods are known to irritate the bladder and worsen UTI symptoms, so cool down your meals and opt for blander choices to treat a urinary tract infection.
Reaction Signs And Symptoms
Learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction so that you can give life-saving treatment early.
- Do not ignore early symptoms.
- Always take a possible reaction seriously and act quickly.
- Not every reaction will always look the same a person can have different symptoms each time.
- Anaphylaxis can occur without skin symptoms or hives.
- A child may describe their symptoms differently than an adult: for example my throat is tingly or my tongue feels scratchy.
An allergic reaction usually happens within minutes after being exposed to an allergen, but sometimes it can take place several hours after exposure.
Symptoms and severity of a reaction can differ each time. Keep in mind that an allergic reaction can start with mild symptoms that can get worse quickly.
Symptoms of anaphylaxis generally include two or more of the following body systems:
- Skin: hives, swelling , itching, warmth, redness
- Respiratory : coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, chest pain/tightness, throat tightness, hoarse voice, nasal congestion or hay fever-like symptoms , trouble swallowing
- Gastrointestinal : nausea, pain/cramps, vomiting, diarrhea
- Cardiovascular : paler than normal skin colour/blue colour, weak pulse, passing out, dizziness or lightheadedness, shock
- Other: anxiety, sense of doom , headache, uterine cramps, metallic taste
*Simons FER, Sampson HA. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2015.
Make sure to talk to your doctor about how to recognize anaphylaxis.
Don’t Miss: Zyrtec Vs Claritin D